Getting Kids Involved in the Kitchen!
The holidays are a great time to get the kids involved in the kitchen. Try these ideas so they get involved:
1. Mean Green Cleaning Machine. Let them wash fruits and vegetables when preparing for cooking or eating.
2. Pick A Peck! When shopping, let them select a new fruit or vegetable to try … or several!
3. Make It Snappy! Let them snap the green beans, snap peas, or break the flowerets from the broccoli or cauliflower.
4. I Spy. Play “I Spy” in the produce section when grocery shopping.
6. Measure Up! Let them measure the frozen vegetables before cooking them. See How Much You Need
7. Peel & Slice. Older children can peel and slice carrots, cucumbers, potatoes … the list goes on!
8. Stir & Spice. Make applesauce from fresh apples. Let them help stir and add the cinnamon.
9. A Sprinkle A Day… Let them sprinkle herbs or other seasonings onto vegetables.
10. Monster Mash! Pull out the potato masher!